In the summer term before starting school in the reception class in September your child will be invited to visit the school. They will have an opportunity to meet their class teacher and familiarize themselves with their classroom. These visits have proved very successful in helping every child to settle well into school.
In consultation with the school governors, the Local Authority determines the number of pupils that may be admitted to a school in each year: this is generally referred to as the school’s published admission number (PAN).
If the number of pupils seeking admission exceeds the number of available places, the following order of priority will apply: –
- Pupils whose statutory statement of special educational need names the preferred school as the most appropriate mainstream school for meeting their needs.
- Pupils living in the catchment area of the school
- Pupils who have an elder sibling already at the school and who will be attending at the proposed admission date.
- Pupils who are distinguished from the majority of the applicants on medical grounds or they would suffer undue hardship if they were unable to attend the school.
- Other pupils arranged in order of priority according to how near their home address point is to the school, by the shortest walking route as measured by Geographical Information Systems.
- Looked After Children falling into any of the categories above will be given first priority for places within that category.
All applications are considered against published criteria with no priority awarded for early applications. Late applicants will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
The School Admissions Team allocates all school Reception class places. They will not be issuing application forms as the Service is keen to provide a paperless system in all its admissions processes wherever possible.
This also gives details if you wish to apply for a mid-year transfer but we would request that you contact the school first.
For further details of how to apply for a place at our school please click here; Staffordshire County Council Admissions
For admission to County Council maintained schools and voluntary maintained schools click here.
For the Department of Education Schools Admissions Code click here
For the Department of Education Schools Admissions Appeal Code click here
Knutton St Mary’s C of E Academy Admissions Arrangements