Religious Education (RE)
‘We are all different, which is great because we are all unique. Without diversity, life would be boring!’
At Knutton, St. Mary’s CE Academy, our intent is to give children an imaginative and stimulating curriculum that supports the children’s progressive development of knowledge, understanding and skills within RE that prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in modern Britain.
We aim support all children to develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity as a living and diverse faith, other religions and worldviews, in order to appreciate the way that beliefs shape life and behaviour, to develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious and moral issues and enhance their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development – allowing them to achieve their God-given potential and flourish.
We want pupils to develop an understanding of how subjects and specific skills are linked to future jobs.
Here are some of the jobs you could aspire to do in the future as a Religious Scholar:
- Member of Parliament
- Advice Worker
- Charity fundraiser
- Youth worker
- Children will be able to express what they have learnt about a religion and from a religion
- Children will be able to compare similarities and differences between different world faiths
- Children will have an understanding of how different faiths are intertwined with culture.
- Children will be able to draw comparisons between the beliefs of world faiths and our British Values
- Children will understand viewpoints of others and be able to reflect on their own thinking in the light of others’ opinions.
- They will develop the ability to consider the thoughts and points of view of others including people beyond their own immediate contact.
- Children will achieve age related expectations in RE at the end of their cohort year.