School Vision and Mission Statement
Welcome to Knutton, St Mary’s C of E Academy
As a Church of England academy we will provide a vibrant, respectful, happy, and safe community rooted in Christian values, where children are encouraged to persevere, succeed and shine to reach their full God given potential and value the importance of lifelong learning.
Together we succeed and shine…
“We shine like bright stars in the sky” Philippians 2:15
Our Core Christian Values : COMMUNITY , RESPECT and PERSEVERANCE are at the heart of everything we do, uniting us as a school family.
Our Christian vision, motto and values are expressed through our academy’s mission statement. We will:
- encourage all children, irrespective of background or ability, to flourish academically and creatively thereby fulfilling their God-given potential so they ‘shine like bright stars.’
- have collective worship as central to the academy’s community, contributing towards the spiritual development of both children and adults.
- provide high quality religious education that encourages children to persevere in developing religious literacy.
- encourage pupils to develop the ability to persevere and be resilient.
- ensure the safety of our children and staff within our Christian community is a priority.
- provide support for good mental health and well-being of our children and staff so that all feel respected and valued.
- provide opportunities for members of our Christian community to thrive and develop spiritually, emotionally, physically and socially.
- provide a Christian community where there are strong caring relationships based on mutual respect; demonstrated through courtesy, forgiveness and reconciliation.
- ensure that our Christian academy gives children the opportunity to understand and respect difference and diversity knowing that all have been created in the image of God.
- help our children to develop lifelong values so that they can contribute successfully to their local community.
You will find that your child will be supported and guided by a strong, committed team, who will plan learning opportunities and experiences they hope will engage, enthuse and enable children to be successful in their learning.
We are delighted that you have taken the time to visit our website and hope that you find the information available useful. If you wish to find out more please contact the school and we will be happy to help.